al-luckylady

Monday, July 15, 2024

Pineapple Carrot Cake


      





I was informed that carrot cake with pineapples is very delicious and I just had to try baking it to savour it. So, I went about experimenting with the ingredients that I have and the result was a delicious Pineapple Carrot Cake. It was moist and not too sweet. (I am always careful with sugar as I did not want my family to eat too sweet cakes.) I will be baking it again once I get hold of a can of pineapples as I did not have enough of it this time; the cake was gone in no time as I had my in-laws with me.


Ingredient:

Dry Ingredients:

  • 250 g flour
  • 7 g baking powder
  • 4 g baking soda
  • 3 g salt
  • 3 g cinnamon powder
  • 100 g chopped walnut (roasted)
Wet Ingredients:
  • 130 g castor sugar
  • 30 g brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 250 ml melted butter (can use corn oil)
  • 225 g carrot
  • 200 g pineapples (from the can)
Decoration:
  • 12 pieces roasted walnut

Method:
  • Whisk sugars and eggs till sugar has dissolved. Use all white sugar if you do not want a dark cake.
  • Add melted butter and continue to mix till oil is incorporated.
  • Add eggs, one at each time and whisk to incorporate each egg fully.
  • Add flour and mix.
  • Add carrots and pineapples. Mix well.
  • Finally, add the chopped walnuts.
  • Pour into 8 inch x 8 inch lined baking pan.
  • Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 35 minutes or when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
  • Immediately remove the cake from the pan and let it cool down completely before slicing it up.
  • Enjoy.