al-luckylady

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Curry Leaves Pork



Sometimes we run out of ideas on what to cook for our meals. I think one of the best ways to think of some food ideas is to look around our garden - to see what greens we have and to use them in cooking our next meal. So it is good to do some gardening if you have the space and to plant some edibles like spinach, tomatoes, basil, curry leaves, sawi, brinjal, cucumber, ladies' fingers, etc. to make our cooking easier.

I had pork in my freezer but I did not want to cook it like I usually do. So, I went to my garden, saw lots of curry leaves there and plucked a few sprigs without knowing what to do with them yet. I put on my thinking cap and managed to come up with a new recipe - Curry Leaves Pork.


Ingredients:
  • 300 g lean meat
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 6 - 7 sprigs of curry leaves
  • 2 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 1 tsp black pepper powder
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil
  • salt to taste
  • some water
Method:
  • Wash the lean meat and cut it thinly cross-grain.
  • Mince the garlic.
  • Wash and removes curry leaves from the stalks.
  • Heat the wok with cooking oil.
  • Saute the garlic and half of the curry leaves till fragrant.
  • Add the pork and fry it till half cooked.
  • Add light and dark soy sauce, black pepper and salt.
  • Add some water, if necessary.
  • Fry till the pork is cooked.
  • Add the remaining curry leaves and stir.
  • Dish out the pork and serve.